Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'M EITHER INCREDIBLY SMART OR OUT OF MY MIND

Sometimes I think I am psychic. I can tell when a women walk up to the counter that she hate me. It’s the look she has in her eyes as she ask the same damn question in five different ways expecting me to be stupid enough to fall for it. You know that's the definition of crazy. Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome. I may be a pretty boy, but momma didn't raise me for the Special Olympics. Give me some credit. I also start to wonder if I have been spending too much time with foreigners, people who have English as a second language, and my customers can't understand what I am trying desperately to tell them. I DON'T AVE TURQUOISE EYE LINER!! In all actuality I sometimes find it more simple communicating with our Asian clientele who barely speak a word of English. I guess the words for, pearl, compact, and gel eyeliner must be universal.

Every now and then I find myself speaking out loud to NOBODY! I'll be walking around working out a conversation in my head, with it spilling out of my mouth a little. And when the stresses of the job makes one find themselves mumbling obscenities loud enough that one can hear themselves over the already loud MAC music, perhaps a day off is needed. Or perhaps some better planning to avoid working 6 days in row during sell times. It's at these times that I become the most quiet, I'm afraid that if I speak to much or if I interact with the customer too much, what I actually think about their "tragic experience" with their face cream or plum based eye shadow, will pop out. Most of the time I do not need a story! I have Net Flix; don't tell me a tale cuse I don't care. Let me just fix it and you can leave! Which will be the best part of my day.

I do love to help people.Really I do. Making them see themselves in a different better way, feeling pretty, and attractive, is really a gift I can give. And I do value it. I wish sometimes people would shut the hell up and let me do that for them. I'm not asking much. Help me help you! Don't interrupt either. I want to know what you think, I need feed back. But for the love, wait until I am done to tell me what you think. Odds are if you have a call out, it will be fixed. And for gods sakes if you come up to the counter and tell me you have a quick question or "just need to pick something up" don't follow it by " I don't know my color" Not real quick then now is it. Well you just lied to me, and now I'm going to lie to you, "I'll be right with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment